Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Fresh Start



I've been thinking a lot about this blog and where I want to go with it. It's been a while since I posted, but I was just kind of stumped. There are a couple of big things on my mind that I've been wanting to write about, but wasn't sure how all of it will fit. Then I realized that the feedback I get is that those of you I inspire feel that way because I keep it real. I cry, I fall down and I get back up. What's been on my mind?

1. My trainer asked me to find a way to be more accountable. She said she knows I know what to eat, but is afraid I wasn't pushing myself in my solo workouts. I was to come up with a plan or she would veto it with her (unknown to me) plan. Well, this is my plan. I do keep it real with you guys. The gaping 6 weeks or so I've been absent from here have been full of lack-luster workouts (minus the ones I have with my trainer). I didn't want to admit it at first and maybe it's that I just didn't want to think about it or write on here. I plan to check in as close to daily as I can. I won't say daily, because I don't want to get into the downward-spiral of not doing it one day and then blowing it off longer. Also? I did not reach the 140s. I almost reached the 160s though. Yeah...not okay. I'm back to 155 today and feel a lot better. I will be detailing my workouts more and commenting on the effort. I'll also probably talk more about what I actually eat day to day. Race plans still only officially include the triathlon in August, but I'm looking at the BAA 5K as my possible first race this spring.

2. While I don't talk about work much, I will say that it has been much more stressful than normal. After a lot of thinking I realized that the only way I can deal with it is to focus on myself. I can't change anything outside of my reaction to any given situation. All I can do is figure out what responsibility I had and learn from it. It's HARD to admit, when you want to point all of your fingers at the other person or situation, that you had a role. I'm slowly accepting that while others may be wrong, it's not my place to right that. It's my place to find a way to function as smoothly as possible in my environment. As my new favorite Pinterest pin says, "There are 7 billion people in this world. Why are you letting one of them get you down?"

3. Food and drink! From my stats here and on Pinterest, food and (especially) cocktails are very popular. What the people want, the people get!

4. I can't tell you how much it means that a few of you have shared that I inspire you. Me? Really?! I mean, that's what I dreamed of. The whole point of this blog started from an idea to share what it's like to start out overweight, out of shape and totally intimidated. I hoped it would help you, but I had no idea. For you, I owe more than what I've given recently. One of these few people mentioned above recently moved clear across the country. Even though we rarely saw each other I really miss him (but so happy for his new start). WG, you inspired me. This new start is dedicated to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment