Saturday, January 19, 2013

Peanut Butter Cup Martini

So here it is....I finally found the peanut butter rum I have been blathering about for months and months. The brand is Castries and it's more of a liqueur than a rum, although it does contain rum from St Lucia. It's has a creamy consistency, almost like an Irish Cream and a true roasted peanut taste. I found it for $29 at a well stocked liquor store. If you're in the Boston area, I found it at Liquor Land.




It may or may not come in the box picture above. 
I almost gave up looking for it because I was scanning the rows for the bottle.





Peanut Butter Cup Martini

3 oz Castries peanut butter rum liquor
1 oz vanilla vodka (although I'm sure cake or whipped cream flavor would be just as good)
chocolate syrup

Pour about 2 tsp of chocolate syrup into a martini glass so that it will lightly coat the glass when you tilt it, about halfway up.

Pour the rest of the ingredients over ice, give it a good shake and strain into the chocolate coated martini glass.

Enjoy!


* I know martini purists are freaking out right now that a true martini is gin and a bit of vermouth. I get it. I love those just as much, but I'm just going with the flow!

Also, I can't really give credit to any one source. I've seen a bunch of recipes using this rum and this is what ended up tasting the best to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment