Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Bike Workout

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd share one of the workouts I do. I found it on Pinterest (follow me! Be my Pinterest friend!) and it's one that has really kicked my butt but that I've also been able to see a lot of improvement in myself on.


Make sure you are good and warmed up first.

I do this one on the typical stationary (not recumbent) bike.

Pedal for one minute each at resistance level 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18.

RPM should be above 60 for all except 18, which can be 50-60.

Repeat this four more times (total of 5 times) for a total of 25 minutes.

For the last 5 minutes Pedal at 10 with an rpm of 70-80.


I find that the last 5 minutes is a little easy and feels like a cool down instead of part of the workout, so I usually do 14 for a few minutes, then 12, then cool down between level 6-10 resistance. I was fooled the first time I did this workout. It was REALLY easy for the first 3 minutes. When I got to resistance 16 I was like, "Hmmmm...." 18 was hard. Doing this 5 times was really hard!

If it's way to hard or easy for you, feel free to do 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 or 12, 14, 16, 18, 20. This is not really an exercise that will help you with form/cadence for cycling, but another option for cardio that will fight boredom. It's also really nice for me to get off my feet for a workout.


In other news. Tomorrow I asked my trainer if we can do the whole weight/body fat/measuring tape deal. I'll probably share, for better or worse. This is not like facebook, where you see a carefully curated selection of flattering pictures and high achievements. This is real life. I can't have people tell me I inspire them and not also show that it's really freakin hard and that I fail too. I just keep on getting back up.


Since I like to fantasize about my racing greatness before it really happens, here is the newest addition to my playlist ;)



HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment