Tuesday, January 1, 2013

180 Days...

...until my second sprint triathlon! My husband agreed to fight the bazillion other people trying to register for the Cohasset Triathlon for me and pay the registration as my Christmas present. He even bought me this cool technical T for the race that is kind of a "Yay, I got in and now I'm training shirt."

I'm super excited! Here are a couple of videos I've been coming back to that feature the race:



It's possible that Thunderstruck is in heavy rotation on my gym playlist.




I really regretted doing my first tri so late in the summer. I really wanted to do another one but just couldn't make it happen. This year I plan on doing the Boston Tri for a second time and maybe fitting in another sprint. I'd like to do an Olympic distance race as well, which is a 0.9 mile swim, 25 mile bike and 6.2 mile (10K) run. I'm just not sure which one! Decisions decisions....I know that I am not going to get in over my head distance wise. I probably won't do a half marathon this summer (famous last words). I really want to get MUCH faster over shorter distances and in triathlons.

I'm also continuing to work on my weight and getting fitter. Right now I have been banished from tracking food in any way. My trainer knows I know what to eat. I was making myself crazy with the tracking and possible not eating enough for the amount of activity I was doing. Along with that I have to go to the actual gym 5 times a week and do one of the workouts she's given me. Then I text her how it went. So far I feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment