Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How long?

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've posted? Really? Well, that's not okay. Maybe I've been distracted by...

MY NEW BIKE!!!!!!!

I was waiting to post until I could get some good, maybe non-iphone pictures, but that may take a bit. I also wanted to take my phone out on a ride to take some pics, but I ran out of bike fund money (darn you beautiful shiny bike!). I ended up going with the Specialized Allez Comp Apex (SRAM double tap). I LOVE how the Allez Comp feels. I'm 5'4" so the extra-small (49) compact frame feels more like something I can control and less like an overly touchy, twitchy bike that some people experience. Don't get me wrong. I just have to feel nervous and I start to zig zag, but I'm getting better at heading that off. I certainly feel every crack in the pavement, but I like it like that.

In other news....weigh in: 152.8!  That's exciting, but just after I got a stomach bug and then the post-bug super-hunger. So, I'm betting that I'll stay the same this week if I'm lucky. I never lose weight when my stomach bothers me. I get too hungry after.

Also on tap for this week? Making a plan for my triathlon that combines more running since the tri is 3 months from this past Saturday (and I plan to run a half marathon 2 months after that)! I'm going to use somewhat of a combination of a beginner tri program and the FIRST intermediate (or whatever the equivalent is) half marathon plan.

Have a good rest of the week everyone! If the recipe I'm working on comes out well, I'll have that to share for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment