Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lemon Thyme Margarita

As a reward for getting my butt out of bed on a drizzly 67º Sunday morning and facing the beach where my triathlon will held for a wetsuit swim, I made myself a Tequila-Thyme Lemonade from Martha Stuart's Everyday Food Blog. I follow the blog in my google reader and have found some great recipes. Even better, every Friday there's a Cocktail O'Clock entry!

I made it exactly as the recipe was written and it wasn't what I expected. I suggest you try it that way as well (click on the drink name above for the original). I think I really wanted it to be more like a margarita, so I adapted it a bit.


Muddle together two lemon wedges, 5 sprigs of thyme and 2 teaspoons of super fine (confectioners) sugar.



Add the juice of half a lemon, 3 oz of white tequila, ice and stir. I prefer Herradura tequila, but use what you like.



Ingredients


2 lemon wedges
2 tsp super fine sugar
5 thyme sprigs
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 oz white tequila
ice

Muddle first three ingredients in a glass. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment