Monday, July 18, 2011

And so it begins...

After spending months agonizing over a name and delaying the start of this blog, I finally figured it out. Salty runner. While you could assume it has to do with the fact that I sweat more than any boy I know (over-share already! BONUS!), it's not exactly. I'm a "mad-face" runner. I look like I have sidewalk rage.  Any time someone spots me doing my scowl-trot I later hear, "hey, I saw you out running!" and I say, "why didn't you say 'Hi' to me?!" I always get some version of "you didn't see me and you looked REALLY mad. Like, punch-me-in-the-face really mad...were you going to beat someone up?"

I'm not mad, people. This is just what my face looks like

After there were 3 attempted kidnappings near where I run in the middle of the day last summer, the husband reassured me, "no one is going to try to kidnap you while you are running. You look way too salty to mess with." Salty as in personality. As in cranky. As in part of the reason I love to live here is just to complain about the weather. (Today is too hot)

The idea for this blog mainly started with me wanting to write a running blog. Honestly, it will probably end up being about my daily life, of which running is a big part of. I'm starting today since it is day one of training for the B.A.A. Half Marathon. I started off with a bang by forgetting to eat breakfast, getting my butt kicked by my trainer and almost barfing in the gym's shower. Pretty par-for-course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment